Sunday, March 11, 2018

Our Honeymoon: England, May 2019

Although Dan and I will be getting married in September of this year (2018), we won't be going on our actual honeymoon until May of 2019. About a year or so ago, we chose England as our destination. Though some may not understand why we didn't choose someplace else, like somewhere more tropical to celebrate our nuptials, we find that England is the perfect "getaway". It is as much romantic, magical, and fun as it is full of culture and history. And, it is the perfect place to pay homage to our mother tongue. We've already begun planning our two week stay. We hope to find a cozy hotel in London and then rent a car. For the first week, we'll explore a different castle in the country each day. The second week we will go horseback riding, try falconry, and check out museums, bookstores, and libraries (...and bars). Some focal points: Stonehenge, The White Cliffs of Dover, Oxford, Tintagel Castle, and Arundel Castle & Gardens. So many of the things we both love have their foundations in British culture - I'm so very excited and I'm absolutely positive it will be nothing short of amazing.


I plan on writing as much as my body, physical and mentally, will let me. I plan on taking photographs with an actual camera, rather than my iPhone. I'll share edited versions here on my blog. Our tentative itinerary will look something like this:


Tentative Itinerary for F&D Honeymoon 
May 2019: ENGLAND

Day 1: 


Day 2:

Day 3: 
Day 4: 
Day 5: 
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8: 
  • Explore London. Maybe the British Museum? Abbey Road? Westminster Abbey? Big Ben? the Tower of London? Buckingham Palace? Hang out! Relax.
Day 9: 

Day 11:

Day 12:
  • Devon, England

Day 13:
  • London, England ------> Chicago, Illinois

- F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...