Sunday, September 23, 2018

In Which I Decide To Grow Wings"

because I can no longer feel my feet.
Was it a trick of genetics or a magic potion
that made my fingers into feathers or fins
ready for a different kind of escapade?
My body is slowly giving itself away
from this universe. It sparkles, sometimes sparks,
in this alien air. And I can have the hair I always wanted,
long and blue, the kind that thrashes behind me
with its own anima. Maybe shiny scales.
If I’ve become unrecognizable, I’m okay with that.
I’m happy to leave behind my misadventures, 
live inside someone else’s warm-lined skin.
I’ll arrive with a suitcase of snakes and silks, 
a map to a new evolution, a sky full of discovery.
by Jeanine Hall Gailey 
Sourced from: Faerie Magazine
(I found this gorgeous photo somewhere within the internet. I have no idea where it's from.)

- F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...