Tuesday, January 22, 2019

How can you deny what you don't know?

I've begun to contemplate writing about mental illness more seriously these past weeks. It seems that I do better reviewing things, such as books, than just writing about the things in themselves, so I've picked these films - thus far - to help me illustrate symptoms of psychosis as I've experienced it:

* Donnie Darko, directed by Richard Kelly (2001)
*Venom, directed by Ruben Fleischer (2018)
*Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg (1981)

Along with these examples I'm also trying to create a loose personal timeline to describe certain triggering events that led up to my apparent "psychotic" symptoms. I did not know I was potentially mentally ill prior to the diagnosis, but looking back now I see that I was, very much so, but had nothing sufficient enough to warrant psychotherapeutic treatment. 

I'm feeling energetically inspired by this endeavor. That being said I'm going to take my sweet time. 

Updates on other things will be posted until then.

- F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...