Saturday, July 27, 2019

Unexpected (Literary) Treasure

While at work today, I was searching LitHib (the popular literary website) for fresh reads to add to my list. I found a few good ones, and then I found something that I have been looking for for some time now: a book regarding mental illness of the kind I am experiencing myself. I found a book tackling the subject of schizophrenia, not from the perspective of a psychologist or therapist, but from an artist and writer. Once I saw the word/s schizo-affective in the description, I immediately purchased the text. It's called: The Collected Schizophrenias. Here's a link to the description of the book via Goodreads:


Upon further research, I found out that the writer, Esme Weijun Wang, has written for The New Inquiry. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I cannot wait to dig into her new book, her essay in the New Inquiry (The New Image), and probably all her books published before and here on after. 

I love unexpected literary finds. It's the best. 

- F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...