Saturday, September 16, 2017

Well, I listen to electronic dance music when I work out.

Every single time I've been asked "What's your favorite music?" I answer... "Ummm, everything." And then whoever I am speaking to looks at me in disbelief, unsatisfied. So the last time this happened I said, "Well, I listen to electronic dance music when I work out." Then everything was cool again.

People say dubstep (a particular strand of EDM) is boring, which it may be (I don't think it is but that's OK). There is no possibility of me thinking that when I'm running as fast as I can, or pulling as hard as I can on a rowing machine, or swinging on an elliptical in the basement of a gym with no windows and only the ticking clock to stare at.

I like this remix of Moby's "Go" (not dubstep, but "electronica downtempo trip hop ambient house techno punk rock" according to Google) which samples "Laura's Theme" from Twin Peaks.





- F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...