Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Recording of Claude Debussy's "Dr. Gradus ad Parnassum" from Children's Corner (take ONE)

I've played this piece for quite awhile, and every time I play it it is so much fun and I hear and learn different things each time. My fingers are still very "muddy"; so something I'm working on, with every piece I'm learning now, is clarity. I'm also working on dynamics; I'd like more contrast in this piece. Here's my recording from today - on the Yamaha. My performance is better midway through the end. I'm going to record this again on the Boston (which I love playing, perhaps my favorite upright at the library) and after I improve a ton...

So here's my very, very poor performance - 


This is what I'm working towards (performance by Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli) - 




- F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...