Sunday, December 9, 2018

exploration and discovery

I've just begun to explore Embassytown. I'm in love with this book, I've never read anything like it. It's very cerebral, which makes me excited and happy. I'm here now:

"The Ambassadors spoke to me in the language of our Hosts. They spoke me: they said me. They warned me that the literal translation of the simile would be inadequate and misleading. There was a human girl who in pain ate what was given her in an old room built for eating in which eating had not happened for a time. 'It'll be shortened with use,' Bren told me. 'Soon they'll be saying you're a girl ate what was given her.'"

A bit speechless,
F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeons

Either they ate too much junk - spilled popcorn and Cheetos spilled over the abandoned alleyways - or instead consumed some sort of poison a...